Tips for Buying a House in a Seller’s Market
You can still find your next home!
By Mike Hall, Broker/Agent/Owner
Buy your home with confidence, even in a seller’s market!
There’s no denying that Louisville is a seller’s market these days. Lots of buyers plus limited available properties is not ideal for potential home buyers. But you don’t have to delay or despair! Talk with an agent today to explore your options and strategies. While you search, consider these handy tips for buying your next house in a seller’s market!
- Qualify for a low mortgage rate: You’re going to need every advantage, so take some time to improve your credit score by paying down debts, settling accounts, and checking for errors.
- Get Pre-Approved before you search: In this fast market, you’ll want to be able to make an immediate offer with confidence, knowing that the funding is already secure.
- Work with an experienced agent: You don’t spend your whole day studying the ins and outs of the real estate world, and you’ll benefit from the help of someone who does! They’ll have all kinds of insider information that will help you land your dream home.
- Consider waiting: There’s some hope that the market will be less intense later in the year, so if you have the freedom to wait and see if more options come available, now would be a good time to embrace some patience!
- Make an impact with your offer: It’s not just about a competitive buying price. When you make your offer, you need to make an impact, including a personal letter, photo, or waiving certain closing requirements.