Tips for a Stellar Yard Sale
Posted by Mike Hall on Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5:39 PM By Mike Hall / May 25, 2018 Comment
Declutter your house and earn a little cash!
By Mike Hall, Broker/Agent/Owner
Clear out your old stuff one warm spring weekend.
Whether you’re hoping to clear out some extra stuff before a big move or you’re ready to destash the pileup in your garage, a yard sale is a great way to clean out the extras. Now that the weekends are warmer and the bargain-hunters are scanning the ads, you might just find the right opportunity.
Here are some tips for hosting a yard sale that will leave your basement clean and your wallet happy:
- Gather and sort potential sell items throughout the year, rather than trying to throw everything together last minute.
- Do a quick clean of every item and make sure nothing is broken or damaged.
- Advertise your details on Craigslist, social media yard sale sites, and newspaper classifieds
- Set reasonable prices (priced to sell!) and use colored stickers and clear charts to help people know what you’re asking.
- Think through the layout of your sell like a consumer – with big ticket items visible from the road and all items displayed in an orderly fashion.
- Post clear, consistent signs around the neighborhood.
- Add some fun with colorful balloons, happy music, or a bubble machine.
- Determine a time beforehand when everything will be half off the listed prices. You could even make everything free in the last hour or so, if you’re donating what’s left anyway!
Post a Comment