Spring Home Improvement in Louisville: Outside
Posted by Mike Hall on Monday, March 21, 2016 at 1:13 PM By Mike Hall / March 21, 2016 Comment
Take a walk around your home to check for any needed TLC.
by MIKE HALL Owner/Agent/Broker
While this winter in Louisville was relatively mild, it can still take a toll on your home.
- Make sure your lawn maintenance equipment is ready to go! Replace or repair if needed.
- Examine screens and windows as well as your doors and handles/locks.
- Check your gutters and downspout alignment to make sure all of that spring rain is directed away from the house, rather than settling around your foundation.
- Clean gutters of any debris.
- Trim tree branches if closer than two feet to your roof or gutter. Thunderstorms cause falling limbs, which you do not want ending up on your house.
- Inspect your roof, and repair as needed.
- Examine exposed wood for insect damage. Inspect your foundation and masonry for cracks.
- Power wash your home’s exterior where needed.
- Clear flower beds of any left over dead plant material and debris. Plant bulbs if you’d like. Weed and mulch flower beds as well as fertilize your lawn after the rain subsides.
- Give your lawn a trim, but never mow while the grass is wet.
Post a Comment