Soon to be Louisville Homeowner?
10 crucial things to consider when buying your first home in Louisville.
by MIKE HALL Owner/Broker/Agent
I see many new Louisville home buyers get overwhelmed - and sidetracked - by the sight of their dream home. This high-energy excitement sometimes takes the wheel. While everything may look great on a surface level, below are a few important things to consider before making an offer on a Louisville home.
- Could you shovel that driveway multiple times each Louisville winter?
- Do the rooms feel and look well-insulated?
- Have you double checked the home inspection?
- How noisy does it sound in the yard?
- Have any new renovations been made to potentially hide a bigger problem?
- Are the schools in the area rated well? Check out Louisville’s schools here. http://www.greatschools.org/kentucky/louisville/
- Are the appliances semi-updated?
- Would the new commute to work be less than 30 minutes wherever you are in Louisville?
- Have you checked http://www.familywatchdog.us/showmap.asp for any possible nearby sex offenders?
- Have you calculated your mortgage, closing costs, average monthly utilities, property tax, and homeowners insurance?