Renew, Refresh, Reorganize
Get your Louisville home ready to sell.
by MIKE HALL, Owner, Broker, Agent
Spring is a time of renewal and new beginnings. Spring is also the best time of year to sell your house and start your life in a new home.
Prep your home to sell with a good spring cleaning. Make a checklist of everything that needs to be completed and check off those tasks one-by-one.
Here are nine spring-cleaning tips that can boost the value of your home when selling.
- Deep clean. Don’t just wash down counters or vacuum. Clean out that fridge, get the dust bunnies from under cabinets, and cobwebs from the upper corners of the ceiling.
- Paint. Has it been a few years since you’ve painted. Spruce up your home with a modern, fresh coat. Make sure to fill in any holes and nicks as you go. Consider painting your front door to give it a bold new look.
- Scrub and seal grout. Is the grout looking dirty? Use a grout cleaner to get those stains out or regrout if needed. Then don’t forget to seal it to keep it looking great.
- Get your carpet professionally cleaned. While vacuuming removes much of the dirt, a good deep cleaning can get your carpet looking good-as-new.
- Spruce up the outside. Curb appeal helps attract...