How to Better Search for a House
There's an art to finding your Louisville home. Let me culture you.
by MIKE HALL, Owner/Broker/Agent
People like the idea of steps. Of tackling a problem with a certain game plan in mind. Achieving a goal with a few guidelines thrown in. Finding a home is not only a great journey, but it can also be a chore. I'm here to help.
1. Budget. Instead of deciding what price range you want your home, work backwards. Start with your income. There are lots of great tools to help you calculate what mortgage payment you can afford. You can also start here.
2. Get pre-approved. I've got some great mortgage lenders who can get you pre-approved. It shows the seller you are very interested in buying a home and will get them to take offers more seriously.
3. Go online. Do yourself a favor and set your expectations. Browse the internet to look at homes in your price range and in your target areas.
4. Enlist an agent. When you do something every day, you are entrenched in it. I wouldn't expect to walk in and know your job. Buying a home is one of the biggest transactions you'll ever make. Get the help of someone who is in the know and will have your best interest at heart. Like me!
5. Drive around. Try it without your agent at first, then share the ones that have piqued your interest so he or she can set up a showing.
6. Make a good offer. The Louisville housing market is really a seller's market right now. There isn't as many houses to choose from so you need to make a good offer the first time. I can steer you in the right direction.
Post a Comment