DIY’s to Increase Home Value: Additions
Posted by Mike Hall on Friday, November 20, 2015 at 12:09 PM By Mike Hall / November 20, 2015 Comment
Feeling adventurous? Try some of these home improvement DIY’s.
by MIKE HALL, Owner/Broker,Agent
- Add crown molding to ceiling and floor edges. Crown molding can be purchased and applied yourself with a little help from your local Home Depot or Lowe’s. Add crown molding around windows as well. While crown molding is beautiful meeting the floor and ceiling, it also makes your windows appear larger.
- Hang some mirrors. Reflected light makes a room appear larger.
- Re-pave your front walkway. Do you have some missing bricks, or a boring pattern? Spruce it up with a new stone or brick walkway. Try some eye-catching patterns as well.
- “I love popcorn ceiling!” said no one ever, so do away with yours. For this big project, tackle it head-on by tarping the entire room. Spray the stuff with water, and scrape off with a palate knife. Dry over night, sanding it all down the next day, and apply a ceiling texture to blend on with palate knife.
- Update light fixtures. Check thrift shops for affordable vintage chandeliers in need of a simple fresh coat of paint.
- Add floating shelves. Buyers love storage, and you get extra points if they don’t have to open a closet to see it.
Post a Comment