10 Tips Before You List
How to get your home ready to sell!
By Mike Hall, Broker/Agent/Owner
Go through this quick list before you list your house!
As spring approaches and more sellers are preparing their homes to list, every little detail can give you the edge. If you’re thinking about putting your house on the market, consider these tips, then contact an agent so we can help you sell in this competitive season!
- Improve your landscaping – Get curb appeal working in your favor! Lovely lawn, trimmed and cleaned beds, and freshly planted flowers.
- Clean the outside – Grab a power washer and get the outside walls and gutters cleaned and inviting.
- Make repairs – Don’t give buyers a reason to walk away, so solve potential issues before they even see them.
- Make the front door inviting – Paint the front door a vibrant color and replace faded address numbers to help your entrance stand out.
- Buy a new welcome mat – Welcome buyers in, literally.
- Remove clutter and depersonalize – Make it easier for buyers to envision their lives in your home.
- Organize closets and drawers – If your storage spaces look neat, the buyer will be more likely to believe the home has plenty of closet space.
- Make every surface shine – Floors, counters, ceiling fans and everything in-between should be as clean as can be.
- Take color down a notch – Repaint brightly colored walls in neutral themes to appeal to more buyers.
- Eliminate bad odors – Take care of stinky things like litter boxes and trash cans well before buyers come into your home.